Saturday, August 13, 2005

This is yet another one of those days, when I wake up wondering just what I've been doing. The past couple of weeks (actually the whole year) has passed by in a blur, without anything concrete being accomplished. I've changed a whole lot, and I'm not sure I like the change. I've done some pretty stupid things that (of course) I wish I could undo, but I'm learning not to harp on that anymore. I..don't know. Part of me honestly thinks that this year's much better than the last, but there's always this little nagging suspicion that I'm just being delusional.

I don't want another entry comparing last year with this one that's passing by. It's ending soon enough anyway. But I can't help but believe I was more in control of everything last year. Ironic though, because it's the unforseen and unavoidable circumstances that have landed me in this year. I don't really know what I'm trying to say.

My horoscope tells me it's high time to let go of something that I've grown familiar with. Something that might be restraining me from exploring more. It just so happens that the wacked up thing is accurate more than half the time, so I'm wondering if... No, that's stupid. It's utterly ridiculous. I can't imagine saying it. I'll just wait and see how things go. But at this rate, I guess it'll happen sooner than I'd previously expected.

I wouldn't say I'm pressured, and I wouldn't say I'm stressed. He ranted at me a few days ago, about his wish to give the best to people. And it struck me that..Hey! I used to be like that.. But he didn't let me finish that thought. We left it at that and it's stuck with me since. I'm not sure I'd call this guilt, but it's definitely a disappointment. I used to be that way, and suddenly, I'm not anymore. Where did it all go? Saying I lost all that heart because of external events is almost as silly as saying my heart stopped beating because the wind stopped blowing. Or something equally stupid. But the wind is blowing. But I digress.

So I guess the point is, I've suddenly caught a glimpse of my former self, in a passing shadow around the corner. And I wonder if it's too late to catch up. And I'm not sure I want to catch up, because time lets us forget many grievances that seemed galactic at the point of..My vocabulary fails me. Conception, occurance..? I don't know.

I'm rambling. And sometimes it's a way of organizing thoughts.

My brother's coming home. My aunt's coming home. Everybody's coming home. I've just always been hiding at home.


"Wide Open Spaces"

Who doesn't know what I'm talking about
Who's never left home, who's never struck out
To find a dream and a life of their own
A place in the clouds, a foundation of stone

Many precede and many will follow
A young girl's dream no longer hollow
It takes the shape of a place out west
But what it holds for her, she hasn't yet guessed

She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes

She traveled this road as a child
Wide eyed and grinning, she never tired
But now she won't be coming back with the rest
If these are life's lessons, she'll take this test

She needs wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes
She knows the high stakes

As her folks drive away, her dad yells, "Check the oil!"
Mom stares out the window and says, "I'm leaving my girl"
She said, "It didn't seem like that long ago"
When she stood there and let her own folks know

She needed wide open spaces
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes

She knows the highest stakes
She knows the highest stakes
She knows the highest stakes
She knows the highest stakes


AnRu reminisced at 4:04:00 PM.


what do you do, when the person who can stop your tears is the person who makes you cry?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com