Monday, August 01, 2005

Had a really strange dream last night. I think I was a psychologist in an African country. Well, not really sure if it was African, but its population was mostly black. A woman was recounting a particularly traumatic incident. Some years ago, a travelling gypsy set up shop on the beachfront, providing cosmetic surgery for any woman who wanted it. (I know that's not exactly possible, given the extremely delicate nature of the operation, but it was a dream alright? Dreams aren't supposed to make much sense.) My patient wasn't a particularly beautiful woman, but she had her own attraction. And a very violent husband. He dragged her down to the gypsy's one day, and with some help, tied her to a chair. After which he gave specific instructions to have most of her features altered to his liking. Without anaesthetic, the gypsy starts to carry out his orders. And I'm taken through flashes of my patient screaming, bleeding rivers and having parts of her scalp marked out in stark red. Not from any ink, but from scratches made by the gypsy's sharp nails. And the whole time, her husband sat by and watched, calling out occasionally, for the gypsy to change yet another thing about his wife. Think the dream ended with my patient in tears (of course). Then she looked up at me for the first time, and I recognized the face, just can't put a name to it. The results of the surgery were obvious, but so was the scarring. There was nothing left in her eyes, just..I dunno. A scared ten-year-old, perhaps.

Freaky dreams, eh?

When that dream ended, my mom suddenly appeared and prodded my cheek, trying to wake me up for school. I got a really huge shock and for a milisecond, I imagined that I was the one tied to that chair, with someone making marks all over my face. Haha. Anyway, point is I didn't go to school today.

Went to the doctor. And had some tests done, though I was there only for the MC. He made me go for a blood test. Oh my freaking lord. I hate needles. Needles bad. Very bad. And some other heart test. They stuck cold electrodes all over my body. Instead of just simply prescribing iron tablets like I suggested. He eventually did end up giving me the tablets. But not before they bled me dry. Ugh.

But yes, Michelle is absolutely right when she says that watching your own blood flow is "morosely fascinating". I totally agree.

Watched The Island with my boy afterwards. Which was a lot more enjoyable than the visit to the doctor. I swear, next time I want an MC, I'm not going to bother with creativity. Even though everything I told the doc was true, including the fact that I only need iron tablets! Gee. He should learn to trust the patient more. I mean, come on, NO ONE asks for iron tablets just for the sake of it.

Yes. Anyway. The Island is a good show. For a commentary, go here. And search for it.

Haha. He told his mom that I was sick, and she sent him out to take me to the doctor.

Nothing much else to say about today. Feeling..empty. Or just a quiet contentment. I'm not sure which. I know there's a vast difference, but they feel almost identical to me. Right now, anyway.


AnRu reminisced at 9:43:00 PM.


what do you do, when the person who can stop your tears is the person who makes you cry?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com