Monday, October 15, 2007

Today, on the 15th of October, just a little over a month away from turning Twenty, I dwell on Life's greatest lesson - that of sacrifice.

A life has been sacrificed in exchange for my freedom and autonomy; a life born of me and dead within me. Indeed, it may be the most beautiful experience my very young life has had the opportunity to come across. Its ephemeral beauty lies in its intangible nature. Surely I felt the life within me, and surely I saw Luka. Yet, I never saw Life. I saw in the circumstances, only Death.

Luka became the sacrifice, instead of me. I was selfish. But what's done is done, and there's nowhere to go but forward. It comes as no surprise that, on this day that we should have been welcoming him into the world, I embark on a new chapter of Life. Perhaps not the chapter I'd originally planned on writing, but one that I'm now certain will turn out all right in the end.

I will allow myself time for grief till dawn breaks. When the Sun arrives on the horizon to present Tomorrow as a gift, I will be as I was ten years ago - eager to pursue the Future. For what Luka has given me is more than Life; 'tis direction and purpose.



Happy Birthday, little one. I shall be keeping you in my prayers.



AnRu reminisced at 12:12:00 AM.


what do you do, when the person who can stop your tears is the person who makes you cry?

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com